Friday, July 19, 2013

10 Things I wished someone told me earlier in my career...


I am not THAT far along in my career yet, so the following is by no means my wise words, having said that, read along and I am sure a couple will resonate with you.

Don't try to be perfect at anything.
(This is for you fellow Type As out there)

Don't do everything yourself --- outsource!
(Woman, stop feeling guilty and outsource housework, even if you don't have kids)

Are you having enough "Me Time".
(It can be self pampering, or night out with the girls)

Doing a great job is necessary, but not sufficient.

Build support network inside/outside.

Find out what you are good at and leverage it.

You can't be equally good at everything.

Take risks and grad opportunities.

Channel your energy positively.
(have a change of mindset, decide to be optimistic, half cup full type person)

Make conscious choices.
(don't whine, where you are is a result of your choice, or rather, when you make choices, make them with eye WIDE open)

No comments: