Monday, February 15, 2010

Porno & Korean Drama

Porno and Korean Drama are essentially alike in it's effects/influences. They are equally disruptive to relationships.

Porno gives men a false sense of sexual fulfillment, presents unrealistic images of how the ideal woman's body, not to mention perverse the act that was designed to be an expression of love. Leaving sex life in a good majority of marriage life unfulfilling and females having to stoop to unimaginable levels just to please their men (as they are now so immuned to ....) and not to mention torture thier bodies to be a mirror image of porn stars.

Korean dramas are where guys are always dashing, romantic, polite, charming, and intuitive to a woman's need. Doesn't seem to do anything else in life but romantized the woman of his dreams or when away from her spend his time thinking about her or planning more surprises for her. Always uttering the right words and buying the perfect gifts. So much so women think that a man's life/world should only surround her and anything less is unacceptable! Furthermore there are so many expectations that man are suppose to live up to, hygiene levels, mannerisims, blablablabla...wake up!

I don't mean to generalize so I better make a disclaimer here. Also that I have nothing against *ahem whatever married couples wana do to/with each other but it should be a result of mutual respect, love and consensus? And totally will be :):):) for girls who claim to have found their perfect man who will entertain/bend to all their whimp and fancies. It's just sad that we often are ignorant of the impact of how much we see and hear have upon our lives.

Choices we make often when we are naive and don't know better can sometimes have far lasting consequences. What we feed our mind truly shapes our thinking perceptions and what not... I guess no wonder we are urged to be transformed by the renewal of our minds...

So far this is where prep-ing and thinking about how to talk about porn to me teens have brought me... Ideas anyone ?

If anything, I hope that the message: it's not the act of watching or fantasizing that is wrong in His eyes but on top of that, one day, it can hurt the one person you truly love or ruin your rship.

I must say I am impressed with the wealth of info In this topic from a blibical perspective and equally disgusted but the amount of you know what.... Arghs!

**fully fathom that this topic is much more complex than the above but this is all I have to say for now...so pls dun start throwing eggs at me!!

No comments: