The longer i study @ HUC or rather Bpsych Program, the more i realize there seems to be a distinct theme in each semester's choice of subjects offered. Either 1) I'm thinking too much or 2) The management actually gives much though while developing the syllabus. I know individuals in general don't think much of local education, myself included at times, e.g. when lecturers read verbatim from their powerpoint slides, and somewhat know less than you do! But there are good lecturers around and programs too. Back to the topic on themes, 1 semester we did clinical psychology which is in essence the study of mental disorders accompanied with
human personality which is closely related to mental disorders (there are personality disorders, not to mention personality can influence the prognosis of disorders, provide answers for causes of behaviour as well as predict one's susceptibility to a particular disorder); biopsychology - the study of how the physical (brain, organs, physical illness) & mental aspects relates to one other. Need I say more? While I'm on the topic, I can't help but articulate that we budding psychologist are taught to take a multidimensional approach, "B-P-F-S-S" aka Beautiful Person Finds Sex Stimulating or more like Biological, Psychological, Family, Social, Spritual, the first version was Aunty V's suggestion to help us remember the dimensions in the order it should be presented or discussed during exams, and she was right, as we don't see ourselves forgetting these dimensions anytime soon!
Theme for this semester seems to be "how to stay healthy" with substance abuse and health psychology as elective subjects. I still don't quite see how Industrial Organizational Psychology fits in the health theme, but if i were to stretch it, it really can mean how to make an organization/company healthy? Lecturer wise, one has a reputation of calling up your doctor if you ever do submit an MC, to verify your symptoms, so i'm sure students will think twice from now on before pretending to be sick. Other lecturer who is plain down to earth and attempts to convert psychological jargons to layman terms never failing to articulate that researchers or theorist way too often create these terms which are sometimes more of a tongue twister than educational simply to appear sophisticated (I totally agree with her!).
And if you haven't gathered by now, "we" refers to the 6 of us
Not everyone is in these pictures...since we were just randomly snapping pictures for caller ID's, top right was my suggestion, since i wanted lavan to look like she is calling me when she is calling me....(this sentence is downright confusing, but you do get what i mean right?). Nic was just posing cause he has this life changing hair coloring session which made our jaws dropped. A lil background on Nic, goodie boy, though he would deny this, aspire to go full time (i.e. be a pastor) some day, do you see why our jaws drop? Then again, let's not be too stereotypical, since no one should depict how an individual of a particular vocation should look or dress like, and ultimately god does look at the heart.
And you must agree that we have come a long way in our attempts to not sleep in class. Of course the absence of sleep does not stop us from munching. Favorite snack of the semester so far...thanks to Nam, or rather her friend, its all the way from the UK!
Assuming Pringles do decide to add a Gourmet range in Malaysia, I can so imagine it will be spicy hot nasi lemak/durian/mamak mee goreng flavored (I can so see Lavan going "yum" and Nam going "ew" - the way Summer does it in the OC, you'll understand what i mean if you're a fan). Gourmet range customized for 'budak' would sound something more like, cucumber/chesse/coke/green tea (the new addition to her food range) flavored.
That's all from my "I need a break from writing my thesis proposal" session....
3 comments:
I know how IO fits into health. As far as i learned in my IO here. It's about maintaining a good and healthy environment at the same time encouraging healthy working among organizations. And a whole lot more. I give you support that IO does fit into this theme.
I'm right then, there is a theme!
pringles are meant to be original, or at a stretch, sour cream and onion. everything else is just weird. hahah!
Post a Comment