Sunday, August 12, 2007

I know

I guess I know how you feel
when you describe that piercing feeling through your soul

I guess I know how you feel
the frustration of being stuck in between

I guess I know how you feel
the hesitation to take that leap of faith

I guess I know how you feel
the confusion about yesterday and the uncertainty of tomorrow

I guess I know how you feel
the lost confidence and the lack of trust

I guess I know how you feel
the disbelief in magical moments and holding fast to the cruel reality of life

I guess I know how you feel
the need to take a step forward yet the fear of lifting one's foot

I guess i know how you feel
your reluctance to take chances or to risk what is left of the heart

I guess I know how you feel
doubting how you feel because all that is left is a stone cold soul

I guess I know how you feel
having been torn apart, now left alone to put the pieces back together

I guess I know how you feel
wanting to give this heart away, yet realizing you gave it away a long time ago

I know how you feel...

No comments: