Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Eating Disorder : A Malaysian Context

At last, an overwhelming week is over, after 3 assignments, 2 quizzes and exams, we finally have some breathing space, although there are 2 more reviews due this week, i definitely deserve a day off...so far i think i am doing quite well, watch 3 movies already~!
1. Blood diamond -
this made me grasp my sit, shut my eyes, shed some tears
certainly worth me giving up 4 free movie tickets to another show to watch this~!
2. American Dreamz
3. RV

Updates.....we won~!...thanks to "team hannah" - you know who you are. What i got most out of this whole campaigning thing besides fun is really that i have Friends that will stand by me regardless.. :) you guys batu~!

But the other thing that came into my mind is the ever famous line from spider man. "With great power, comes great responsibility". I pray that i would be able to give my best and make a difference =)

In a few hours i probably start to be productive again, I guess I'm really not cut out to do nothing and laze around.I actually have a "things to do after this crazy week" list waiting for me!

And before i forget, this post is suppose to be about eating disorders in Malaysia, haha....so far i have said NOTHING about it. I am looking forward to the seminar tomorrow, its much more prevalent in BolehLand than we think. I can't remember the last time i was in the washroom in one of the malls and didn't heard the XX species who were obviously stick thin complaint that they look fat. Something has to be done~! People are killing themselves either by overeating or undereating...Hopfully i get some insights on how an individual like me can do something about it. Or at least gain more knowledge on how i can help.
The talk will be from a lecturer from IMU, heard from my friends friend she's good.

The seminar aims to provide a brief overview of the nature of ED, particularly anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa. In addition, the results of a recent ED symptomatology study among young female Malaysian students will be presented. This study helps to illuminate the extent that the Malaysian female college population is at risk for ED.

I'll post more on this after the seminar...but to all gals out there, lurve yourself, lurve your body, your shape and size doesn't define who you are!

No comments: