but where shall we go this year? current choices1. Cameron Highlands
a nice getaway with God on the mountains or hills..or.... potential themes "get high with god?" <-- too cheesy and ambiguous more like "Getaway with God" perhaps
Cameron Highlands' METHODIST CENTENNIAL CHEFOO CENTRE
not forgetting the fresh fruits and vegetablestaken in a pasar borong..not cameron~! how deceiving.....
2. Z Historic town of Malacca
do not fear, we won't be spending the night in either of those accomodation.
Cheong's residence by the seaside - proposed accomodation,
all we need is a sleeping bag to bunk in water heater, aircon, etc provided..just no beds
potential themes: this one is tough... "discovering HIS-story?" perhaps...? any ideas?

3. Hyatt Regency Hotel, Kuantanlooking at the pics, one can only think about themes like "living in luxury with God" or "luxurious life with god"
*issues: we just went to kuantan last year~!
i am not being bias here, no doubt kuantan is where i was born and bredbut look how beautiful it is, the beach where Hyatt is
and speaking of sunrise, this is what you'll see
when you draw your curtains at Hyatt regency
telok cempedak @ sunrise4. Last but not least SG Chongkak
you have to agree with me that this place certainly reminds you
God's wonderful creation
themes: probably around the lines of giving thanks for all the beautiful
things or rather blessings god has showered upon our lives?

well... just thinking out loud here,
especially with the themes, random ideas,
where then is the perfect destination for a time of fellowship
for fellow Kuih-nyonyas?
*ideas are most welcomed..
HOWEVER cg committee's decision can overrule majority vote (sorry!)
**image credits....thanks to hyatt hotel, the internet...
my harddisk for providing the pics, my sis for taking some of the pics
(this is SO not APA format of referencing) please don't jail me...
i am just a innoncent blogger~!


7 comments:
wah, so nice and well explained,
look at the bed in cameron make me recall back younger time for church camp.
cheong's place is good just without bed, the only issue.
my firsr choice still kuantan, u all should know why, haha.
First choice Cameron. Reasons: Cold
Last choice Kuantan. Reasons: I'm from Kuantan.
Hey guys,
Personally, I think Malacca is a good place to have our retreat. Reasons are as follows:
1) 2 HOURS drive from SUBANG - which allows us to make use of Fri nite.
2) FREE ACCOMODATION which includes aircond (upstairs only), hot shower, cooking, water friendly and outdoor activities at our backyard.
3) Walking distance to the beach - a good place to 'be still'.
4) Got good food if we ever wanna go out for a meal. Satay celup!!!
Bed is a minor if not a small issue to most ppl coz think many can sleep in sleeping bags..haha..but we ll see..BY will have to bring mattress and reserve one room for you upstairs :P kekeke...
Anyway, let's discuss further in our comm. meeting.
Cheers
Jacob
I totally agree with Jacob. My house in Malacca is a double storey bungalow facing the sea. Where can you find this kind of luxury in the Klang Valley? Trust me!It can accommodate all of us. The backyard can fit at least 50 or more people. More than enough space to play games and have BBQ!!
I guess most of us do not mind sleeping on sleeping bags. BY can bring his own mattress 'coz we have one double decker bed. We need to bring some cooking utensils and gas stove as well. Otherwise, we have everything that we need. It will be a very homely retreat.
But it is still up to the committee to decide. Just to let all of you know that the Cheong's residence is always open.
Cheers,
Alice
all the destinations sound so good. i don't know which to pick. cameron,like the basketball court. and of cos the cool weather too!
melaka - satay celup sounds yummy and the short distance isn't such a dread.can save money also.hehe
the sungai place - like the jungle look of it. all green and peaceful.
kuantan - haven been to hyatt before. like the idea of enjoyin the luxurious place. comfortable...mmmm
but definitely have got no prob with anything.
Hey, good stuff here...overwhelming opinions on the way... *phew*...but since the bandwagon is moving, I'll hop on ;)
1.Camerons - you know I love the weather!
2.Sg Chongkak - I love the outdoors & camping.
3.Kuantan - I love Eastcoast, Teluk Chempedak & Hyatt.
4.Melaka - I love the Cheongs (& the magic word "free"!)
Mostly, I love not being the one who decides (but I'll love whatever decision the committee makes)! I know I'm just being of great help here...Hehe...
hm...in terms of free accomodation..
Kuantan also has...but not one big banglo by the beach, 3 houses on the same road....with enough beds and aircon :) - my home... also has a mini zoo = 2 hamsters and 4 rabbits...hahah
Post a Comment